Beginning September 13, 2022
The Touchpoints Parenting Program is a practical, preventive curriculum designed to meet the needs of today’s families with the goal of supporting positive parent-child relationships. The curriculum consists of a series of parenting modules that early childhood program leaders can facilitate in their program to come alongside parents as they learn about their children and address issues facing their families.
The Touchpoints Parenting Program meets the Head Start Program Performance Standard for Parenting Curriculum.
The Parenting Program Modules include:
- Parenting Your Unique Child: Joys and Challenges
- Understanding Your Child’s Development
- Nurturing and Caring for Your Children: Keeping Your Children Safe and Healthy
- Exploring Your Family’s Culture and Language
- Discipline: Your Role as Parents Over Time — Teacher and Guide
This course teaches participants how to facilitate the Touchpoints Parenting Program in their program. The course is delivered virtually via Zoom during four 4-hour live sessions on September 13, 15, 20, and 22, 2022, from 12 to 4 PM ET. These training sessions are followed by six monthly 1-hour virtual reflective practice sessions. Attendance is required at all live sessions and at 4 of the 6 reflective practice sessions. Sessions are not recorded.
# of hours:
22 total hours that includes 16 training hours and 6 hours of reflective practice
Professionals who work with families of young children and currently facilitate or are interested in implementing parenting programs or groups.
What you will learn?:
- Strategies for engaging parents in conversations about their children’s development using Touchpoints-informed practice within a group
- Strategies for supporting parental mastery as parents practice new skills within a group
- Group facilitation techniques, including how to use the Touchpoints Approach with a group
To participate in this training, providers must have previously completed this Brazelton Touchpoints Center training: Touchpoints: The How of Child and Family Engagement
Number of participants:
Minimum of 15
Maximum of 18
BTC Learning Network Member Price:
for more information on the BTC Learning Network
Would you like to bring this course or another BTC training to your program, organization, or community? BTC facilitators can offer our courses online to your community. We can also customize trainings to meet your program’s or organization’s professional development needs. Contact us today for more information: email@example.com